Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

On 29/8/14 I contacted Kobo Customer Care about four books

Customer Question

On 29/8/14 I contacted Kobo Customer Care about four books that I purchased online that I was charged for but can't download onto my Kobo Original. I got a reply with instructions for how to do the download, but when I tried to implement them, I got the same screen that I keep on getting -- the page with books to purchase comes onscreen with an overlay reading "Important Desktop Update". The first time this appeared I pressed to download and the download was completed, but the message didn't go away, I couldn't delete it and I couldn't proceed, so I closed Kobo altogether. I've tried the download thing several times since, with the same result. this morning, I received an email from kobo trecommending several books, and tried purchasing "In The Dark" by Mark Billingham. The purchase was charged to my account, but once more I cannot access it on my ereader. Can you help? My ereader is currently connected to my PC.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Fred! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to download / read books on the computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm being charged twice for this service, but getting no satisfaction. I was given a temporary password ***** go to Account profile, but following the instructions got nowhere. what's happening here?

I'm sorry. It seems you could not get back to me. Please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d682eeca-cd41-49c4-9311-2be91e3364be

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you

1. If it still does not join / connect, please click on the website below:
    https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webDownload=true
  2. Then download / run the file join.me when it prompts or shows
  3. Then tell me the 9 digit numbers that it will show in the join.me program.
  4. Do not close the join.me program.

Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 3 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] co.uk and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/e-readers/8mzmo-29-8-14-contacted-kobo-customer-care-four-books.html). Thank you, The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.