Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

My kindle paperwhite battery will not charge.

Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 3 years ago.
Viet - E-Reader Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the kindle working at all? Have you tried: press & hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check? Is there any power / light at all? Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

It looks like you are not there, so I'm going offline for now also. When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. I will reply / email you back as soon as possible when I'm back at my computer. Thank you,

Customer:

Hello thank you for your reply. The kindle is working but the low battery message came on and when I plugged it in there was no gharging light. I have also tried the power button.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

You're welcome. If you have any cover on the kindle, please remove it for now. Then with the kindle plugged in a power outlet, press and hold power on/off button for about 30 seconds and check.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

If you have another charging cable, please try also