Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I had 6 books in my libray having read 4 and I was reading

Customer Question

I had 6 books in my libray having read 4 and I was reading the 5th when my kobo shut down and emptied my library what went wrong/
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Gillian! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press & hold the power on / off button on the kobo ereader for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on.

Do you connect the Kobo to Wi-Fi/wireless? Or do you sync the Kobo by connecting it to the computer?

Edit: It looks like you are not there; when you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My husband and myself tried everything we could think of to get my books back again but it just stayed blank We connect to the computer gillian

Thank you. Do you have the Kobo Desktop program installed / working on your computer? If yes, are you able to download and read books on your computer?

When you sync the Kobo ereader with the computer, is there any error or message?

Have you tried to reset the kobo ereader to factory defaults, then connect the kobo ereader to the computer, then sync with the Kobo Desktop program on the computer?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the kobo reader is not attached to the computer all the time only when the battery is being updated i do not know anything about sync with the kobo program on the computer no written instructions so flying with eyes closed gillian

Can you press and hold the power on/off button on the kobo for about 30 seconds then turn on and check?

Is your kobo connected to Wi-Fi / wireless (on the kobo, go to menu/settings/Wi-Fi/etc., and check?

Can you go to menu/settings/device/etc. and reset to factory defaults?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am at a loss forget my query I have loaded new books so I will see how they go gillian
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, OK, please let me know how it goes later. I will help further as you need.

Edit: It's been a few days, please let me know if you still need help with this. Thank you.