Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

My Kindle paperwhite requiring charging fails to show the pin

My Kindle paperwhite requiring charging fails to show the pin light & appears not to receive the charge. If however the button alongside is presses the pinlight shines briefly white & then fails
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 3 years ago.
Viet - E-Reader Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please try this: If you have any cover on the kindle, please remove it for now. Then press & hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check. If needed, do you have another charging cable to try?

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

Please type at the small box below, then click on the Reply button at the bottom in order to chat with me. Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-5r63887x- :

I have tried the white light returns briefly. the status of the charge is & was 3 quarters full as previously. No I do not have a futher cable.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

I'm sorry. This looks like a hardware issue. How old is your kindle paperwhite.

JACUSTOMER-5r63887x- :

About 12 months. However I notice that when pressing the on off button the light shines ,then flashes twice & goes out. Is this significant

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

Also, while charging, press & hold the power on/off button for about half a minute, and check.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

No, the systemboard is bad.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

You can get warranty replacement from Amazon.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

In the mean time, you can read your books on another device.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

Do you have a windows or mac computer, or ipad, or tablet, or smartphone, etc.?

JACUSTOMER-5r63887x- :

This is a windows computer. However we leave today for abroad hoping to use the Kindle while away ! Perhaps we might reopen this correspondence on our return on the 14th Oct. ?

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

Sorry, yes, you should submit the warranty repair / replacement at the website be as soon as possible:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200127470
, there, click on "Contact Us" on the left, and continue.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

In the mean time, I can help you read your books on another device if you'd like to.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

In the mean time, would you like me to show you how to read books on your windows computer? And/or on another electronics device, if you have?

JACUSTOMER-5r63887x- :

Thanks, ***** ***** must go & pack ! Will try & deal with the warranty on return will retain your details meantime.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

You're welcome. OK, I can provide the instructions for reading books on another device, and you can use it later as you wish.

JACUSTOMER-5r63887x- :

I wish I had another device, sorry must close.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

Oh OK. Please come back any time as you need. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit / OK when it shows up. Thank you very much,

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

Thank you. In case, you need to read your books on your computer, or on another computer or any other device, you can use download and install the Kindle reading app at the website below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?docId=1000425503