Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

Hi, I've come away on hols and have tried to connect my kindle

Customer Question

Hi, I've come away on hols and have tried to connect my kindle to the wifi where we are staying, after several unsuccessful attempts it has locked me out. I cannot access anything books etc. Each time I tap the screen it says Enter Password, which I haven't got, I know I can reset it to factory settings, but don't want to lose everything on it - HELP please *****@******.***
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 3 years ago.
Viet - E-Reader Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the error or message when connecting the kindle to the current Wi-Fi? Can you press & hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

If that does not work, it looks like you have forgotten your kindle device password, so you have to reset it to factory settings, but don't worry, you won't lose your books. Your purchased books always stay in your Amazon account http://www.amazon.co.uk/manageyourkindle, and you can always re-download/sync your books back to your kindle ereader, and/or read your books on another device, such as on a computer, or tablet, or smartphone, etc.:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?docId=1000425503

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there, so I'm going offline for now also. When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue.