Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

my kobo has frozen how can I release it

Customer Question

my kobo has frozen how can I release it
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and I'm sorry you're having problems.
If your eReader fails to respond, first try recharging it and powering it off and on. If that doesn't work, you may need to reset it.
There are two kinds of resets:
A basic reset, which doesn't affect the content of your eReader.
A factory reset, which will restore your eReader's factory defaults (this removes any books on your eReader).
A basic reset will usually help. Don't perform a factory reset unless all other troubleshooting attempts fail.
Performing a basic reset on your Kobo Wireless or Kobo Original eReader
There are two ways you can perform a basic reset on your Kobo Wireless or Kobo Original eReader.
If your eReader fails to respond, first try recharging it and powering it off and on. If that doesn't work, you may need to reset it. A basic reset will usually help, and doesn't affect the content of your eReader.
Hold down the power button for eight seconds.
Release the power button.
Press the power button once more firmly.
Using a paper clip to reset your Kobo Wireless or Kobo Original eReader
You can use a paper clip to perform a basic reset on your Kobo Wireless or Kobo Original eReader.
Take a small paper clip and unfold it until you have an inch or so of straight wire.
Turn your eReader over.
Locate the small hole on its back, near the bottom left corner.
Slide the end of the straightened paper clip into the hole.
Press gently until you feel a click.
Your eReader will reset.
If you're still having problems, please postback with the specific Model of your Kobo, and also how long you've owned it for?
If you need further assistance let me know, and once satisfied please -do not forget to click a "POSITIVE RATING" so that I am credited. If you don't see a place to rate- reply back to me and let me know.
You can follow up to the question at no additional charge even once you've rated.