Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

mY AMAZON KINDLE DOES NOT TURN OFF THE TEXT TO SPEECH DIALOGUE. i

mY AMAZON KINDLE DOES NOT TURN OFF THE TEXT TO SPEECH DIALOGUE.
i CAN GET IT ONPROGRAMME BY PRESSING THE Aa CONTROL AND PROGRESSING DOWNWARDS TO THE TEXT TO SPEECH INSTRUCTION, BUT THE DIALOGUE DOES NOT TURN OFF ON THE MAIN FIVE WAY CONTROL. hAVE COMPARED IT TO MY NEICES' IDENTICAL MODEL AND THIS ONE APPEARS TO HAVE A FAULT. CAN YOU ADVISE?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Henry! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working fine previously? Have you tried this: If you have any cover on the kindle, please remove it for now. Then press & hold (or slide & hold) the power on/off button / switch on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

STILL ON DESPITE TURNING COMPLETELY OFF AND THEN RETRYING

Sorry, it looks like the kindle software is corrupted. Please do a factory reset and check:

1. From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings.
  2. In Settings, press the Menu button again, and then select Reset to Factory Defaults.
    The kindle will power off and power back on.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions for re-setting up your kindle, then all your previous books will download. Then check.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Hi Henry,

I'm sorry, you've given me a negative rating, but we are not finished yet. Did you try my last suggestion yet? Are you stuck at any step? Was the rating a mistake?

Please do not rate my service until we are finished. Please just reply back at the box below to continue. Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HAVE EXPUNGED ALL ITEMS FROM MT kINDLE. TRIED TO RETRIEVE MY BOOKS FROM AMAZON BUT HAVE NOT YET SUCEEDED. THE AUDIO VOICE APPEARS TO HAVE STOPPED

That's a good first step. We'll get your books back to the kindle.

Did the kindle let you re-set up? Did it ask you to connect the Kindle to Wi-Fi/wireless? Were you able to connect the kindle to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name successfully?

And did it ask you to register your kindle (sign in your amazon account)? Were you able to register your kindle successfully?

Also, before you've tried my 2nd suggestion, you gave me a bad service rating; was that a mistake?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I AM GETTING TOTALLY CONFUSED (AGED 88!) EVERY TIME I TRY TO REGISTER AM CONFRONYED BY VARIOUS RATES FOR SERVICE.

I ALREADY HAVE WI-FI

Sorry, when you register on the kindle's screen, it should not ask for any rate/service. Please try each of the followings on the kindle if you have not done yet:

1. Connect to Wi-Fi/wireless:

1. From the Home screen, press the Menu button.
  2. Select Settings, and then select Wi-Fi Networks.
  3. And connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name.

2. Register your kindle:

1. From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings. Select Registration.
  2. Specify the Amazon account you want to use for your Kindle:
    • Select the option "If you already have an Amazon account:", then the e-mail and Amazon password ***** with your Amazon account. Select Register. Your name will appear as the Registered User when registration is complete.

3. If books are still not being downloaded to your kindle, then sign in your Amazon account at the website below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/mycd

, then there, click on the Action button in front of each book you want, then select the option Deliver, then select your Kindle device, then select Deliver.

4. If needed, another way to download books to your kindle: if you have a windows or mac computer, please sign in your Amazon account at the website below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/mycd

, then there, click on the Action button in front of each book you want, then select the option Deliver

, then click on the option Download & transfer via USB, then select your kindle device, then click OK to download and save it to a folder on your computer

, then connect the kindle to your computer

, then open the Kindle device or Kindle drive letter

, then open the folder Documents (or Internal Documents or Books)

, then transfer the downloaded book files from the computer to the folder Documents (Books) folder in the Kindle device.

Please confirm. Thank you.

Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience: Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all seems to be sorted thanks partly to my next door neighbor. Thank you for your assistance. Henry.

You're welcome. Great. If you need anything else, please let me know any time. Thank you very much for your patience.