Cris
Cris, Technician
Experience:  A technician which covers all grounds including E-Readers.
10156100

Hi. I have a problem with my kindle book - type 4.1.1(1813030025)

Customer Question

Hi. I have a problem with my kindle book - type 4.1.1(1813030025) - the WIFI has ceased to function and I therefore cannot download the 6 or more books i have waiting. I have been informed that this has been a recurring problem with this model and I am wondering how to address the fault. I am, at the moment, staying in Paphos, Cyprus, is this a problem? I will, however be back for Xmas. If it cannot be mended and has to be replaced as this is a known fault and not something that I have done, will I be able to get a discount on a new one? Will I be able to save my 120 books on this new e.book. If it is repairable how do I get it to the repairer. I obviously travel much more than the average man(I did over 20 flights last year plus many train and coach journeys) and the kindle is a great asset. Hoping this problem can be solved quickly. Roger H. Edwards.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris. Sorry to hear about your issue.

Can you tell me how long you had your Kindle device?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Cris. I do not know how long exactly but would think about 4 years. When I heard that Kindle have experienced problems with this particular model (4.1.1) I believe that they should have recalled those that have had problems(as they do with vehicles) and either- !) repaired them free of charge 2) offered a good discount on a new one. 3). Given a new one to the customers. Basically because those customers have purchased faulty goods unknowingly and I know for a fact that other companies do this. It would be good consumer/kindle relationship when the company knew that this problem exists with only some of their goods and is not owners fault. What do you think?

Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you are right.

But I do want to say Amazon is very good with replacement devices. They are fully aware of the issues with their devices. Their warranty only cover a year but they are known to replace devices far beyond the warranty period because of faulty devices.

Contact Kindle Support at(###) ###-####They will ship a replacement out to you. However it could be possible there maybe a trade-in fee. That will be totally at the discretion. When you receive it, register it to your Kindle account and you will have immediate access to your books in your archives.

Your other options in the mean time are to read your books on other devices using free applications for iPad, iPhone, iTouch, Blackberry, PC, or Mac. If you wish help in doing this let me know. If you have any other questions, please ask.

Please reply back to me with any further questions BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I Agree but I think that Kindle has played things very quietly and not announced it hoping that many owners will never notice - and they would be quite correct. Perhaps they are quietly replacing them as we speak. And I have to admit that mine is quite old in computer terms and at this stage I would not expect a free replacement - discounted one would be nice though. Thank you for your help although to charge me #19.00 for telling me what I already knew and virtually told you is a little steep. But you have done your job well and I did agree. Thank you. ***** *****.

Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome.