Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

Have kindle fire, have been able to get online for as long

Have kindle fire, have been able to get online for as long as I have had the piece, now I am unable to access the internet, I have bt infinity, and have tried on numerious times to sync with the router, all to no avail, I have switched the tablet off, and tried to input the bt hub SSID, and Password ***** few times still no access to the internet,?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Jeff! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried these basic steps first:

1. Disconnect the power cord from your internet/wireless modem/router device for a few minutes, then reconnect.

2. If you have any cover / case on the kindle, please remove it for now. Then press & hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on.

3. Then go to the Wi-Fi setting on the kindle, then tap on your SSID (your wireless network name; do not type in your network name), then enter the password ***** prompted, then check.

Does it give you any error or message after entering your wireless password/key? (Your wireless network name and password/key is usually located at the back/bottom of your internet modem/router device, and it is case-sensitive.)

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,