Steve G.
Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

Hi, I have just had to re-set my kindle to factory settings

Hi, I have just had to re-set my kindle to factory settings after I developed a fault (machine kept switching off) I have tried to re-register it but I have lost my password ***** it will not let me on to it, can you help (I have been offered a replacement which I would like and I would like to know the cost to upgrade it to a kindle fire hd, thank you so much for your assistance
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Steve G. :

Now..

Steve G. :

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Steve G. :

You can recover your password ***** you still have access to the email address that you use as your ID.

Steve G. :

Let me know when you are online.

Customer:

Hi Steve,

Customer:

I am in a right pickle now, tried to re-register it under another email address and pass word and now have now lost all my books, am going to re-contact amazon, will see what they say

Steve G. :

I can help you. DO you still have access to the email address you used for your original Amazon Kindle ID?

Customer:

Yes I still have the email address I used originally but as I have posted to you I have tried to re-register it on another email address, and now have nothing on my kindle.

Steve G. :

Ok, if you reregister on another address - that is basically like starting a new account. None of your books will be there.

Steve G. :

But you can recover your old password ***** log back into the old account - with all your books.

Steve G. :

On your computer, not your Kindle, go to www.amazon.com/myk

Steve G. :

Put in your email address (the original one) and click on Password ***** - or whatever it says there.

Steve G. :

Then follow the instructions and you can either rest the password ***** have it sent to you - I can't remember which.

Customer:

thanks Steve will try this

Steve G. :

Ok. I'll be here.