Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

my kindle is showing 'wrong' image in bottom right corner.

Customer Question

Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What kind of image is it? What's supposed to be the right image?

Are you still able to use the kindle?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it appears to be another page of reading obliterating right pagebut only in part in lines going up page.i notice 'wrongbit' is on every page including 'wallpaper' when swiched off. ican still use kindle but need to guess the oblitorated words at end of each page.

Have you tried this: If you have any cover / case on the kindle, please remove it for now. Then press & hold (or slide & hold) the power on/off button/switch on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have done as you asked it is difficult to hold for 45 seconds as the switch is a toggle swich and works fast also it is reccessed and one nail easily falls off.the'wrong image appears all the time. even on kindle logowhich does not usually appear.

Sorry, can you use a pen or pin to hold the power switch for about 45 seconds? Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes but it is not really the power switch as the kindle does not switch off completely but in another mode. it is always connected to battery.

What's the model of your kindle? Is it a button to push or a button to slide? Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is a button to push.kindle version 4.1.1 ********** i hope that answers your question.

Can you use a pen or pin to push & hold the button for about 45 seconds? Just push & hold the button for 45 seconds.

That's the software version. What's your kindle type, such as kindle touch, kindle paperwhite, kindle fire, kindle fire hd, etc.? Or check for the model on the back, such as D01200.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is nothing relevent on the back. i can give you the wi-fi address or serial number.

Please click on the website below for all the kindle images / models:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200127470

Can you go to menu/setting on the kindle and reset to factory defaults?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i think mine is a 4th generation e-reader as it has a 5way switch and other buttons on the front bottom and 'kindle' printed at top front.

Thank you. Can you please do the following:

1. Go to Menu.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. While in Settings, go to Menu again.
  4. Then reset to factory settings.
  5. Then follow the on-screen instructions to re-set up your kindle, then see if it works fine now.
    (All your books will re-download.)

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It still shows wrong image.

Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry. Even with fresh factory reset, it looks like it's hardware issue; part of the screen hardware is burned in. The kindle is about 3 years old right? So it is out of warranty, and needs to be replaced with a new one. In the mean time, do you have any other device, such as a computer or tablet or smartphone, etc.? If yes, in the mean time, I can help you read your kindle books in any of those devices, if you need. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I already have a kindle on computer which i can use.I have been using my kindle about a year. I bought it as new from e bay.

Usually, if you bought it brand-new from Amazon or its official sellers, and if it's in about a year, then it's under warranty. But please check with Amazon warranty at, they may be able to give you some options. Please click on the website below, then click on "Contact Us" on the left, and continue:

Please let me know. Thank you.