Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

since reading a book on my kindle at the local hospital when

Customer Question

since reading a book on my kindle at the local hospital when it came up with - if you bought this book from amazon please - and I pressed delete and seem to have lost my wifi connection and the kindle has now frozen and keeps asking for a Password ***** I have tried several in case I have the wrong one for my kindle but cannot get into it - please can you help as I also lost the book which I had paid for?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Is the Kindle asking for a Wi Fi password, or your Amazon password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not know - all it says when switched on - incorrect password ***** try again - I have done this about 10 times with different passwords but it will no let me go into reading my books or get into the kindle shop

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Please press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 30 seconds, then release. Wait a full minute for the Kindle to reset. If you have the same problem, Then try these steps up to 3 More times and let me know what happens.
If it asks you for your password ***** then you may need your Amazon account password, and you can reset it by going to www.amazon.com then click login.