Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Lost contents of my Kindle. Difficulty finding my Amazon account

Customer Question

Lost contents of my Kindle.
Difficulty finding my Amazon account and password.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello John! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Your Amazon account is your email address. Have you tried to reset your Amazon account password ***** your email address at the Amazon.co.uk website?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I haven't yet tried to reset my Amazon account

Would you like me to provide you written instructions? Or would you like me to connect remotely to your computer, so I can do all the steps for fixing your Amazon account issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would prefer written instructions.

My difficulties are 1) Network name 2) Amazon account

I had several books to read on my Kindle but somehow cancelled them all.

Staggered by your service.

John

1.) For your Amazon account password, you can reset it at the website below using the email address that is associated with your Amazon account:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/password

2. For network name issue, what's the brand/model of your internet/wireless modem/router device?
- On the Kindle, go to Wi-Fi setting, then select your wireless network name, and connect, then what happens?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I enter the network name (WLAN-5F06) I'm told it's incorrect. "Try enntering your passord again or setting up your network manually."

You don't enter / you don't type the network name (WLAN-5F06), but you just select the network name (WLAN-5F06) right? After selecting the network name (WLAN-5F06) in W-Fi network name, then it asks for a password, but when you enter your wireless password, it says incorrect right?

What's the brand/model of your internet/wireless modem/router device? Usually the modem/router device was given to you from your Internet service provider.

Do you know how to check for your exact wireless password/network key?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, Viet. I bought this Paperwhite via Amazon a few months ago and downloaded several books very satisfactorily. Having finished one, I wanted to delete it but found I had got rid of everything except the 2 basics.

I tried to get a new password ***** have had no success. How can I try again?

You're welcome.

1. What kind of new password ***** you get?

2. What's the brand/model of your internet/wireless modem/router device? Usually the modem/router device was given to you from your Internet service provider.

3. On the Kindle, go to Wi-Fi setting, then tap on your wireless network name and connect, then what does it say?

4. Also, do you have a windows or mac computer, if any?

Please reply at the box below at this web page only. When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, Viet.
It seems that my only problem is that I've lost my Amazon Kindle Paperwhite password, needed to Set-up. All attempts to get a new one fail.
John.
You're welcome. When you go to Wireless / Wi-Fi setting on the kindle, were you able to connect to your wireless network name?

What exactly happens when you try to reset your Amazon account password?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix your Amazon account password ***** through your computer, then you can enter it on the kindle later?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, please connect remotely to my Windows PC and fix my Amazon account password ***** through this PC, for me to enter on the kindle later.

John

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please do the following in order to connect with me:

1. Please click on the website below:
    https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webDownload=true
  2. Then download / run the file join.me when it prompts or shows
  3. Then tell me the 9 digit numbers that it will show in the join.me program.
  4. Do not close the join.me program.

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,