Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

I currently have a Kindle Fire HD (although how can I determine

Customer Question

I currently have a Kindle Fire HD (although how can I determine the precise model?)
I want to purchase the Kindle Voyage to replace it.
How can I get the content of the Fire transferred to the Voyage?
I do not want to do this as I am a complete non-technician and do not understand even the minor operating technicalities of the instrument. O.K I can use the basics, but in the case of an unusual operation like this I'd rather it were done by an expert.
I also have a Kindle Keyboard - same question.
John Bratby
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 2 years ago.

John! Thank you question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. When you got your new Kindle voyage, go through the on-screen setup instructions on the Kindle Voyage, and when prompted, make sure to register / enter the same Amazon account /email address that is on your current kindle fire/keyboard. Then all your content that you've purchased from Amazon / Kindle previously will automatically download to your new Kindle Voyage.

In the unlikely case that it does not work, please make sure that your kindle voyage is connected to Wi-Fi / wireless and make sure it is registered to your correct Amazon account / email address. If needed, also, please do the following:

1. Sign in your Amazon account at the website below:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/mycd
  2. From the section Your Content, select the items you want to deliver, and then select Deliver option / button.
    Tip: If you don't see the title you are looking for, select the Show drop-down menu to narrow your view to the title's category.
  3. When you locate the items, select Deliver.
  4. Select your Kindle Voyage device from the drop-down menu.
  5. Select Deliver.
  6. Then wait a bit, and those items will download / transfer to your Kindle Voyage.

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your reply seems to be logical, and the activity appears to be simple, but have no technical expertise whatsoever, and cannot assess whether I will be able to complete the transfer/download satisfactorily.

At this point in time I have not even made the decision to buy the Voyage, and was simply asking whether my present Kindle content could be transferred in the event of a positive decision.

If I decide to make the purchase, what would be my next activity with you?

I really don't like the idea of "buying blind" i.e. before knowing the total cost.

JHB

Don't worry, if you decide to make the purchase of any new kindle, and if you have trouble setting up / transferring, then you can just reply back to me again, then I can continue to help you further. There are only a few steps when setting up the kindle, but if you are stuck at any step on the new kindle's screen, please get back to me to continue. Thank you.