Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

My kindle shows 'battery is low needs recharging'. I plug

My kindle shows 'battery is low needs recharging'. I plug in and charge, green light shows, when I open same message is there and nothing will move on the screen.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Doris! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following if you have not tried yet: If you have any cover / case on the kindle, please remove it for now. Then press & hold (or slide & hold) the power on / off button / switch on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have carried out your instructions and it seems to have worked. Thank you - does this mean that the cover interferes somehow with the kindle itself?

You're welcome. Great, no, we removed the cover, so you could press & hold the power on/off button easier. The kindle is like a computer, so sometimes you have to fully turn off the kindle by holding the power button/switch for long in order to refresh its memory. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you