Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

How do I put in a new card no. My original card has transpired.

How do I put in a new card no. My original card has transpired. I need to update the number .
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
  1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices Click Here.
  2. From Settings, select Edit Payment Method below Kindle Payment Settings.
  3. Select the desired credit card information, or add a new card, and then click Continue.
  4. Enter the desired billing address, and then click Continue. You will be taken back to the Kindle Payment Settings page where you can view your edited 1-Click payment method.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done all you advised but it will still not connect to my kindle I order that I may purchase books . Should this be immediate I
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Sometimes you need to restart the Kindle by holding the power button for 60 seconds before it updates on the device.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried this several times. Shall I have to wait for it do down load. I do not want to pay more money for nothing
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How long ago did you do it? Other than those two things it can also sometimes rake 48 hours to show up on the device. Restarting the way I just mentioned sometimes forces it to update quicker.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. I will wait and see.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok if it does not come back by going to justanswer.co.uk and clicking on my questions at the top to let me kno.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Regarding the problem I have for the I click payment I have waited 48 hours but it has still not picked up onmy new card. If Amazon have accepted the card I do not understand why kindle will not.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It should have unless the two are connected to different Amazon accounts.Call this number: 1-866-321-8851 They should be able to update it manually for you since it is not taking from the site. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cannot get through to this number. It says it is no longer in service, I need a uk number. What will happen if I de register my kindle and start again with the new card number. I am getting quite frustrated?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have Sussex it. I have two Amazon accounts. Thank you.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize I thought you were in the USA here is the UK number: 0800(###) ###-####/strong> or 0870(###) ###-#### There is a third as well but I do not know if it is still in service: 0844(###) ###-####If you use a second account you would lose any books etc from your first one. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience