Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

my kindle will not open on the shop in kindle store facili

my kindle will not open on the shop in kindle store facility
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.
If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.
This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with the specific model number off of the back of the Kindle, and also how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please keep in mind that we are all independent Techs on here, working on our own time, and are only credited a portion of the deposit one we are rated POSITIVELY.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

after charging the kindle for 15 mins and then turning off and on 4 times as suggested still no luck trying to get the shop in kindle store facility working.my kindle is over 5 years old and the model no is d01100 ic 9599a 0725 foc id zeg 0725

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that. What exactly happens when you try to connect to the Kindle store- what do you see on the front of the reader?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the screen is blank with just the bot***** *****ne of press to begin typing showing.the keyboard will then show but nothing else

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately the steps I gave above are the only possible steps you can take to correct this on your own. I would suggest trying them several more times, since beyond this, the Kindle would be faulty and in need of replacement. Repairs on a 5 year old unit are not cost effective. Also, a new Kindle will still allow you to transfer all of your old books onto the device without having to purchase them again.
I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.