Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

My kindle fire will not join my sky home hub,so I cant buy

Customer Question

My kindle fire will not join my sky home hub,so I cant buy new books..It keeps trying to be taken over by BT.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Peter! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working previously?

What is the error or message when you connect the kindle fire to your wireless network name?

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it was ok until I recently made sky my broadband and land line provider..

I already had sky tv,and I wanted to upgrade,and this looked the best option. when I try to connect wirelessly my wi-fi comes up top,and I add my correct password,then after a few seconds it says in red "authentication failed" and a BT network takes over and asks my details..

My sky sig

nal reads"strong" but will not remain,and is bumped off by BT.i am sure this is to do with the broad band change..

What is the brand / model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you see your exact wireless network name (SSID) and wireless network key / password ***** the back/bottom of your internet modem/router device? (Note: password ***** *****)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its a month old sky 71B20

the serial no is A502149002221

model SR102

yes all that ssid is there

Thank you. Do you have also a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Do you know how to check / confirm your wireless / wi-fi password ***** key (it is case-sensitive)?

If you have a windows or mac computer, I can connect remotely to your computer, so that I can retrieve the modem's wireless password ***** through your computer together with you.