Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I am trying to deregister the new

I am trying to deregister the new Kindle from my husband's account (xxxxx xxxxxx ) to mine ( *****@******.***). I have put in the information twice using my personal debit card but the name coming up is still xxxx kindle and the account is still registered toxxx xxxx  Can you help please

Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Your husband will need to log into his Amazon account and deregister the Kindle from his Amazon account.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Deregistering a Kindle or Kindle App:Log into Amazon. From the Manage Your Kindle page, click Manage Your Devices.Locate the Kindle you want to deregister and click it.Click Deregister.In the Deregister This Device pop-up, click the Deregister button.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He deregistered via the kindle. When he logged in to Amazon account on his laptop there is no Kindle registered. We registered my details on Kindle and they were accepted but 'John's Kindle' still appears in the top left hand corner. Briesfly after I registered it had my name there but it has reverted to John's now. Have you any other suggestions please?

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Ok, if the Kindle is now registered to your Amazon account, it may have kept its old name.
Log into your Amazon account, Go to "Manage my Devices", and click on the "edit" link next to the name of the Kindle, then rename it there and click "Update".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much that has worked. I am very satisfied with all your help

irene

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Glad I could help!
Have a great weekend :)
Pete.