Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My kindle will not charge despite trying hours. I do

My kindle will not charge despite trying for 24 hours. I do not think it is the charger as I have charged my second kindle with no problem. Any suggestions please?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.

Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it.

It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.

Try this at least 6 times.

The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had already tried most of what you suggested but still only have a picture of an empty battery. How do I go about getting a new part and at what cost?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please try it exactly the way I sent you even if you have before and as I mentioned it is important you do not skip any of it at all. As for the part I need the tiny model number off the back of the Kindle please give me that actually trying the answer I sent you.
.