Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Kindle battery is not working efficiently

Customer Question

my Kindle battery is not working efficiently
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Can you explain this a little more please?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The battery takes a very long time to charge up.And then looses its charge very quickly
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How old is it? There is a tiny model number that is hard to see on the back, what is that model number? Have you replaced the battery yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot see the model number .
The Kindle is about 3 years old .
I have not replaced the battery.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
As mentioned the model number is ***** the back and tiny so it is hard to see. Please put it up to a light if you have a magnifying glass use that as well. I need that model number in order to know what battery it has.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am 83 years old & therefore will require some assistance .
I will contact you tomorrow .
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
No problem take all the time you need.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The model number is *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I gave you the model no as requested but have not had a response
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I was asked to supply the model number which is EY21 which I did but have not received any response
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You replied when it was 5am here I was not online yet. The model number you gave is for a paper white and the problem you are describing sounds like the battery is dying. Even though they are rechargeable they do die and need to be replaced just like normal batteries.

You can get a replacement with all tools needed here: Click Here or here for just the battery: Click Here There is also a video on the first page showing how to replace it. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kindle.
.