Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My 2 year old Kindle will not switch on. This is a model that

My 2 year old Kindle will not switch on. This is a model that should switch on when the case is opened. The Kindle measures approx. 135 mm x 193 mm. It showed an ***** *****ght until I recharged it. It now shows a green.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.

Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it, it is more for a reset than a charge.

It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.

Try this at least 6 times.

The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no power switch. Opening and closing the fabric cover should switch on. Is this sufficient for your trial?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
No, and it does have a power switch.button if it is a Kindle. All Kindles have one. Some have a button where others have a sliding switch. You may need to take it out of the cover to see it. Just opening the fabric cover would not hold the switch from what you just said.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, my previous remark about a charging light is incorrect. There is no light. The state of charge is shown on screen, but only when the screen can be seen !

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please follow the steps I gave you exactly as I gave them to you and let me know what happens after doing that. Make sure to switch outlets and wait 10 minutes it is important you do both. Switch charging cables too if you can.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Now working perfectly. Many thanks.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.