Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My kindle is locked help

my kindle is locked help
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.

Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it.

It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.

Try this at least 6 times.

The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It worked after one 60 sec, now how do I re register it. My sister set it up in her name, so I need to get it set in my name

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You need to have her de-register it first which she can do by calling Amazon or using these steps on her account:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201357520

Please note you lose anything on it as well though as that would be tied to her account.
After that you register it to your own account this way:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201242220

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

great service,thanks

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to click on the rating it is greatly appreciate it.
.