MadcapX1
MadcapX1,
12615041

I have a kindle paperwhite which has been fine; I recharged

I have a kindle paperwhite which has been fine; I recharged it today as usual - when I had a green light I turned the on button on the base as normal however it won't open and all that happens is the frontispiece changes to the next one and then the next one etc. Nothing out of the ordinary has occured so I am at a loss to understand what has happened. Please help - I do have a 3 year protection plan, which I bought in December 2013 when I bought the Paperwhite, and I have just sent them an email asking if this is a fault would it be covered? Meanwhile is there anything I can do now to resolve this problem?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  MadcapX1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
First off, please plug in the Kindle device to a power outlet, and then do the following:
Press and hold the power button on your kindle for 20 seconds. After 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank. This is normal. Continue to hold the power button.
After 20 seconds, release the power button. The charge indicator light will turn on after a few moments. If you have successfully reset your Kindle, you'll see the start-up screen.
Does this resolve the issue all right? Do keep me posted.