Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

My kindle fire HD 7"was working fine until yesterday 30th July.

My kindle fire HD 7"was working fine until yesterday 30th July. Now, when I turn it on
and go to facebook etc,it says error loading or facebook has stopped.Yhe kindle was purchased 20yh November 2013
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Let's try a basic troubleshooting first: Please press and hold the Power On / Off button on the kindle for about 25 seconds, then turn it back on and check.- If that does not work, from the home screen, go to menu / Settings, then select Applications, then tap on the Facebook app there, then Clear Cache and check. If that does not work, Clear Data and check.Is everything else working fine, except facebook?Please reply back to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, nothing on the kindle stays on for more than a few seconds. The

screen goes black. It is fully charged

If you have any cover / case on the kindle, please remove it for now. Then while charging the kindle, press and hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about one minute this time.Does it show anything different on the kindle's screen now?Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It came on for a few seconds then said swype has stopped, facebook has

stopped etc

Try to turn on the kindle again, then right away, swipe down from the top, then tap on the option More, then tap on the option Device, then tap on the option Reset to Factory Defaults, then tap on Erase / Yes / Reset / OK to confirm, then check.Please let me know. Thank you.