Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

My Kindle was a present from my husband a couple of years ago.

Customer Question

My Kindle was a present from my husband a couple of years ago. The device was registered in his name and he therefore receives all relevant communications. I have asked if this can be changed on previous occasions but no action has been taken.
thank you
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!I'm afraid I don't understand...so the device is in his possession, but you want your email address on the account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Becauce my husband purchased the KINDLE he is the registered owner.Kindle send all promotions to my husbands email. He forwards the mail to me but I'm not into detective stories and war zones. I just want to receive data on recommended books suitable to my tastes.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
It won't be possible for you to receive recommendations based on your likes from his account. Amazon views the books that he purchases and sends recommendations based on that, they have no way of knowing what you like without you having your own Amazon account and Kindle. Make sense?