Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

Can my Kindle be repaired ? I think I may have trodden on

Can my Kindle be repaired ? I think I may have trodden on it. The Menu page is a quarter permanent with a sort of picture frame around it. The 'Home' and 'Menu' systems work but only in bottom left quarter of page.
Or is it best to get another ? What a loss !
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on. Does it show anything different? How old is the kindle? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I did so. The top remaining part of menu with picture frame around it remained. Everything else wiped. Then wake-up bar moving left to right completed, and I'm back where I started e.g. as explained.

Sorry not to have the right words.

The kindle is several years old, probably in the first craze for ereaders. Shall I replace ?

You're welcome. Sorry about that; it is a hardware issue, so you need a new one. You got a good use of your kindle for several years. In the mean time, do you know how to read your kindle books on another device? Do you have a windows or mac computer or a tablet or smartphone, etc.? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are we finished now ?

If so, thanks

You're welcome. Yes, we are finished. In the mean time, if you have a computer, you can read your books at the website below:https://read.amazon.com/ If you have a tablet or smartphone, go to Play Store or App Store, then download / install the Kindle app there. If you need help with anything else, such as setting your new kindle, etc., please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,