Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

I could not buy a book on my kindle as my debit card has expired.

I could not buy a book on my kindle as my debit card has expired. How can I sort this out and get my new card number registered?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm sorry about the issue. On your computer (or tablet or smartphone, etc.), please do the followings in order to update your credit card information in your Amazon (kindle) account: 1. Go to the website below:https://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account2. Then there, in the section Payment & GC, click on the option Manage Your Payment Methods, and sign in your Amazon account if prompted.3. Then click on Edit button next to the card you want.4. Update the information you want, then click on Confirm button at the bottom.- If that does not work, do the above steps 1 and 2 again., then at step 3, instead of clicking on the Edit button, click on the Delete button on the right of the debit card, and confirm delete, then near the top, click on "click here" on the right of the option "If you want to add a new credit card to your account,", and continue.If that does not work, also do the following:1. Go to the website below:https://www.amazon.co.uk/mycd, and sign in your Amazon account if prompted.2. Go to Settings, select Edit Payment Method below Kindle Payment Settings and continue there.- Once you have done the above successfully, then it should work on the kindle now. If needed, restart the kindle and check. (Press and hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 25 seconds, then turn it back on and check.)Please reply back at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you,