Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Mt kindle is faulty i think it is the power on switch

Customer Question

mt kindle is faulty i think it is the power on switch
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.

Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it.

It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.

Try this at least 6 times.

The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi freedy its doug try your instructions chargedit fhen used the power switchat least 10 times the green lite on the power switch was on the first few times and would after 10 sec it flashed twice and then go out after 6times the lite dose not come on

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
How old is it? Did you happen to get ane extended warranty? Can you test the same steps with another charger?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi freedy my kindle is about 10years old do you think it has had its day

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like it either needs the battery replaced or the board is failing and needs to be replaced. At that age it is more likely to be the board so I would replace it to be honest. Do not worry about losing anything, anything you bought can be downloaded on a new Kindle once you log into your account. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kindle.