Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

I have a one year old Kindle Fire. After charging overnight

I have a one year old Kindle Fire. After charging overnight is will not switch on
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried to press and hold the power on/off button on the kindle fire for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check?Is there any power / light? Is there anything on the screen now?Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I'veheld the power button on for _ 30sec. No signs of any power light.
I'm sorry. Please charge the kindle fire and while charging the kindle fire, press and hold the power button for about 60 seconds this time, then turn it on and check.If that does not work, was the kindle fire dropped? Did you purchase the Kindle Fire from Amazon online previously? Or at another store?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Charged with on button on.It has made no difference.
Not dropped or mishandled. new from Amazon
I'm sorry, this is a hardware issue. The battery could be bad as there is no light and/or the main board is bad. But Amazon will do warranty repair or replacement for you. In the mean time, do you have a computer or a tablet or smartphone? If yes, I can show you how to read your books, if any, on any device of yours, if you do not know how yet. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add when I swirch on from the charger, the screen lights up for a few seconds then goes off
I'm sorry; that means the battery is very weak or the systemboard is bad. You can have Amazon repair or replace this for you. In the mean time, do you know how to read books, if any, on another device of yours? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice. I don't need further help.
You're welcome. If you need anything else, please let me know any time. Thank you very much.http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us/ref=hp_ss_comp_cu_v4/276-4643526-2166816?ie=UTF8&initialIssue=asin-order&nodeId=200127470