michelleclive
michelleclive, Technician
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I can't connect this amazon kindle to my wifi connection.

Customer Question

I can't connect this amazon kindle to my wifi connection. It is not new, passed on to me.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  RandyNetwork Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Follow these steps please> Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindledetects networks in range. Do this for every network name in the list please>Tap the name of each network . On the screen prompting you toenter a password, select Forget. Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Then power on and try these steps>To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:Tap the Quick Settings iconSelect Wi-Fi.Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.Your home network should appear in the list.Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password. Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard. If you need help locating your password ***** me know.Then Tap Connect.In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used. Please let me know if this does not work or if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is wireless networking switch on the kindle ? I am already on a wireless network for my computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have put the password ***** I can't delete the other networks because it is not my kindle and the owner may still need to connect to them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please help me quickly. I only have a limited time on this and I have already spent ages. Otherwise please advise how to get a refund.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
signing off now as no response from you.
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your kindle wifi let me know when you would be online and avaiable i will walk you through to get connected to the wifi.