Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

Tried to purchase a book via my old Kindle, but machine said

Tried to purchase a book via my old Kindle, but machine said my credit card was out of date. Updated it on the Kindle, but was told again my card was out of date, and to go to amazon/mycd, but this does not seem to work either
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Were you able to update the credit card's expiration date successfully on the kindle and at the website amazon.co.uk/mycd? Or was there any error or message?- What's the model of your kindle?- Can you go to menu / setting on the kindle, then go to the device / account / registration, etc. option on the kindle, and check the email address there?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Serial no B008 A0A0 1084 05LM Version 3.4.2(###) ###-####
Not sure what email address you need?
Thank you. I see that you have the kindle keyboard model. From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings. Select Registration. Then do you see any email address there?I'd like to check if you are using the correct email address for updating your credit card's expiration date.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It only gives me the option to deregister, which I have not done. My Amazon email is***@******.***
- To confirm you did the following: You go to the Amazon website amazon.co.uk/mycd and sign in with your hotmail email address. Then there, you click on Settings, then click on Edit Payment Method. Then you see your card card with the correct expiration date is being selected right?- Do you still need any old book on the kindle?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Also, at the Amazon website amazon.co.uk/mycd , do you see all your old and current books? (If yes, those books should match on your kindle.)Do you also have a Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, or Mac computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Thank you. First, do you also have a Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, or Mac computer? And/or what's the brand / model of your computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven iMac using OS Yosemite X.My credit card details appear to be correct in Amazon. I purchased some books on 28th April, I have been charged for them, but have not downloaded on to my Kindle. It seems they may have gone to the cloud and I don't know how to retrieve them.
Please try the following:Solution #1:- Please press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on / off button / switch on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on.Solution #2:- On the kindle, please do the followings:From the Home screen, press the Menu button.Select Settings.Then select view next to Wi-Fi Settings.Then make sure it is connected to your wi-fi / wireless network name. Then check.Solution #3:- If that does not work, on your computer, sign in your Amazon account at the Amazon website below:http://www.amazon.co.uk/mycd, then there, click on the Action icon / option each book (that you want to download on the kindle), then click on option Deliver, then select your kindle device, then click on Deliver, then those books should get downloaded on your kindle.Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Solutions 1 and 2 don't seem to work. I tried solution 3, but Amazon said my device was not compatible with the Cloud. So I can see books selected (and paid for) on Amazon, but not on Kindle.
Does this issue occur with all new books?- When you purchase any new book, when at the book page, make sure that book is compatible with your kindle device first, i.e., when you are at the website with the book you want to buy, it shows the option to Deliver to. Check if it lets you buy for your Kindle device.- Let's try this on the kindle: From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings. Select Registration, then select Deregister and confirm. Then register /sign in with your hotmail email address and Amazon account password ***** check. ; Books should download; if needed, try the action / deliver option again at http://www.amazon.co.uk/mycd- If needed, look for a new book you want to purchase at the Amazon website, then see if that books is compatible first (use the Deliver to option at the book page), then purchase and check.- Also, if you need, you can read your kindle books on your computer at the website:https://read.amazon.com/Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, I cannot select deregister, as the navigation control RIGHT has become ENTER!
I'm sorry. It looks like it's hardware issue. You can try1. Press Menu button.2. Select Settings.3. Press Menu again.4. Select Reset to Factory Defaults and confirm.; It may take up to 5 minutes to finish / reboot.- If that does not work, unfortunately, it is a hardware issue; and your kindle model is a few years all. So you need new kindle.- In the mean time, you can read your books on your computer at the Amazon website below:https://read.amazon.com/- Also, if you have a tablet or smartphone, you can open the Play Store app icon (or App Store app icon), then type / search for kindle then install the Kindle app. Then use the Kindle app for reading your kindle books on the tablet / smartphone.Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you.