Richard, Engineer
Experience:  E-Reader Engineer
32989067

I haven't used my Kindle while now I can't access anything

Customer Question

I haven't used my Kindle for a while now I can't access anything and it is stuck on a message for not having a credit card. I can't even switch the device off!!
JA: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I tried ordering some new books and this message of not having a valid card came up. At the bottom it said @would I like to set up a credit card YES or NO. Focused on yes and now nothing happening
JA: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please