*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My kindle battery went flat while I was reading and it will

Customer Question

My kindle battery went flat while I was reading and it will not charge or open
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 4 months ago.
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.If the screen is still unresponsive, plug in your device using the USB cord or power adapter that came with it. Then try charging the Kindle tablet with a wall outlet power adapter. Let the device charge for 30 minutes, unplug it, and then try to restart again.

Did that work for you?