Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

When i turn on my kindle it only opens up in the botton

hi when i turn on my kindle it only opens up in the botton corner
Assistant: Soon. I'm trying to find the right eReader Specialist for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: it is fully charged ,tried the answers that is on this page but still not working
Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: no problem turning on ,i have this kindle about 6 yrs ,wher would i find the make and model
Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried the troubleshooting thats on this page ,,turning on for 30 seconds,green light come on but turns off after a couple of seconds
Assistant: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how do i find out the make and model
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

how do i find out the model that i have

tried rebooting ,not working

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Is it a Paperwhite? Kindle Fire? Something else? Can you describe it and tell me the rough age?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

You never even came back to tell me what Kindle you had- instead you said I was a POOR tech. Could you simply reply back instead of rating me negatively? I posted some steps for you to try- in most cases they solve the issue. I have no way of knowing if they do for you or not unless you communicate back to me. If you were simply looking to obtain a refund however- rating me personally as Bad or Poor does not do that. In fact it does nothing but jeopardize my livelihood. Could you please reconsider your rating and/or reply back on this page so I can see why you're unhappy with me?