Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

The bottom half of the screen on my kindle has gone dark

Customer Question

the bottom half of the screen on my kindle has gone dark making it impossible to read
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
tried re-booting, makes no difference the kindle model is I think a paperwhite I have the original box but it doesn,t specify a model but has a no 501/1317 and dated 2012
Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.