Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

My son bought me an E-Reader with approx 150 titles

My son bought me an E-Reader with approx 150 titles installed.
I accidentally deleted the contents by pressing factory reset.
Can I retrieve the contents without letting him knowEamonn McCann***@******.***

Good day, Eamonn. I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help.

Is this an Amazon Kindle, or other make/model? If it is a Kindle, do you know if it was registered with your Amazon account, or perhaps your son's?

Dan

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Its a Kindle. There is a list of Device info in settings i.e. Serial no G000 K905 7394 0DRP
In the settings for 'send-to-Kindle e-mail' it says use***@******.*** if that's any help
Its very likely Finn used his own account. He did not know I had a Kindle account from a few years back
RegardsEamonn

Ask Finn to log into this Amazon account. Then he needs to go to https://www.amazon.com/mycd

Once there, select Docs from the Show drop-down menu.

• To deliver those original books to your device, check the box next to the title(s) that you want to deliver, and then select Deliver. Select your device(s) from the list, and then click Deliver again to confirm.
  • To remove documents from the Manage Your Content and Devices page, select the title(s) that you want to delete, and then select Delete. Click Yes, Delete to confirm.

Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.