Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Hello my Roland HD 1 drums are faulty. The two pedals work

Customer Question

Hello my Roland HD 1 drums are faulty. The two pedals work but the rest of the kit doesn't give any sound.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

Adam

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how long are you expecting me to wait.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  Rusty replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. How about when you plug the pads into the pedal's jacks, are you able to get sound? Did it used to work, or are you setting it up for the first time?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it used to work we bought it new. The pads don't work in the pedal jacks. There is no pad on the pedals. From what I've read the pedals work by sensing velocity rather than a trigger so they're no interchangeable with the other pads. All of the cables go into one d type connector on the back of the brain.

Expert:  Rusty replied 4 years ago.
Ok, that's good to know about the pedals. You see what I was going for, and that's the important part. It sounds like the brain has a problem. Let's try to reset it.

Unplug the brain, and leave the power switch on for one full minute. This will drain any static in the brain and will allow the digital routing to reset. Turn off the switch, plug it back in, then turn it on. Tell me if you hear any results.