carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Cubase SX - "audio engine system error - the parameter is incorrect. Installed

Customer Question

Cubase SX - "audio engine system error - the parameter is incorrect.
Installed new external 3TB disk drive. Programme works fine with other external and the onboard drive.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer my name is Carl and I will try and help you with your question.

Have you checked the sound card drivers and made sure they are up to date.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I already mentioned that the programme (Cubase SX) works fine with the on-board hard drive, and the other two external drives. Therefore I don't see that it can be anything to do with out of date soundcard drivers.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.
I do agree that it is unlikely to be a sound card driver issue but in the past whilst I worked a school we had really strange faults with cubase 4 and many were caused by the asio drivers and latency issues.

Are you trying to work on the usb hard drive direct. I would always advise to work locally on projects and then transfer them to the external hard drive after.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

With respect, I have been working directly with 3 different outboard hard drives for several years, without problems.

All the ASIO settings and MAudio Delta 66 settings are unchanged.

What I need is someone who knows that precise error message that I have quoted, and the precise remedy.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.
What are you trying to do when you get the error. I have looked at all the docs and notes I have on cubase and they all suggest drivers. Which we know is not the case.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I record live gigs on a Zoom H4n, dump the stereo pair (and tracks 3 & 4 after making them into two mono files) into Cubase SX, and mix them.

Anything done/saved on other external drives works fine. Anything from the new 3TB (Intenso) hard drive throws this error message upon first attemt to play back anything in Cubase.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.
I am wondering if it could be a speed issue from the drive to the computer. please could you speed test all of your drives and see if the one that is not working is slower than the rest.

This program should be able to help.

http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html