carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Hi there Im wondering if you can help .ive got a dynacord

Customer Question

Hi there I'm wondering if you can help .ive got a dynacord powermate 600 in for repair and the protect light is on .
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi yeah ill continue waiting .cheers
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.

HI,

I have a schematic if thats any help dont know if it is a full schematic but I found it in my service docs on my network. I am afraid I cannot suggest what it could be you might have to test everything with a meter.

Have you done any voltage measurements to check all the volt rails are up and correct.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi cheers yeah got a service manual for it.i tracked it down to be somewhere on the left channel which is causing the protect light to come on.pretty much tested everything ,all voltages look good aswell
Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.

I really dont know what to suggest, Have you checked thermisistors could it be going into protect because of faulty thermistor. Dry Joints? I will have a look at schematic and see if I can see anything that could cause it. Does it go into protect instantly. Have you checked caps with esr meter.

I am sorry I cannot say it will be this and point you in the right direction.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi sorry been off ill.Cheers for getting back to me.Ive checked the thermistors and there fine,dry joints been over the entire board.Ive rebiased and checked all transistors.The protect light comes straight on,But if I chop onside of D318 the amp comes on both sides work.Got me stumped