carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Have a tyros3 , computer64 bit windows7,downloaded Yamaha USB

Customer Question

Have a tyros3 , computer64 bit windows7,downloaded Yamaha USB driver,Winzip17.5 pro, Have BT Broad Band Wireless lan, i have Internet Direct Connection, Have registered a USB flash drive Flash , checked compatibility, computer says tyros2, but not all suitable models mentioned , although I ordered TyrosXXXXX My problem is having downloaded latest tyros 3 firmware to computer, I cant transfer it to my computer, TWO Questions do I Have to have wireless Adapter connected to my Tyros3.....And could this effect the way I am trying to UNZIP THE FIRMWARE USB STICK TO INSTRUMENT, have read lots of instructions , but first time using WinZip.i think I have , but not sure if I have unzipped firmware files in root position, seem to be in folder mostly, and sometimes say not found, could I have lost firmware file programs
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

What are you trying to do are you trying to update the firmware on your tyros 3?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes iam trying to up date firm ware,one other thing I thought this set up was 22 pound a time, which I prefer did not realise a month as I don't want to be committed, don't mind paying like that, is this a free trial, my thought should have read it properly sorry

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

I am unable to help with your billing issue but I can forward the question onto customer service for you.

If you have problems with the update it could be a timing issue on when you press the start/stop button sometimes it takes a while to get the sequence right.

To Update the firmware do the following.

1. Download the zip file containing the firmware to the PC

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87068102/TYROS3_v1.20.zip

2. Unzip the downloaded zip file containing the firmware and place the files only, no folders, to the root of a memory stick.
Note: the files must be in the root of the memory stick and not inside a folder, if they're not, the update won't be performed.

3. Insert the memory stick into the USB socket to the right of the keyboard of the T3 with the power off.

4. Hold down the start/stop button while turning the power on.

5. Wait for about 2 minutes to allow the T3 to boot up and press start/stop again.

6. Wait a couple of seconds then press the start/stop button one more time.

7. Leave the keyboard for 10 minutes to carry out the firmware update.

8. Restart the T3 and you're done.