jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

I have a Korg AX100G and it has stopped turning on. Im running

Customer Question

I have a Korg AX100G and it has stopped turning on. I'm running it on a 9v adapter which I have checked on other devices and it supplies power to them. Both of my guitar cables work through Line 6 amp and a guitarport so am satisfied that there is no problem with them. Is there a fuse inside the unit that could be changed?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

The unit is likely to have some sort of protection on it, I am searching for a schematic at the moment. Have you dismantled the unit for testing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Carl,

I have taken the back off and looked at the circuit board. Nothing looks as if it has blown (i.e. no scorch marks etc) and nothing appears to be loose.

Stuart

Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.
Hi Stuart,

Do you have a multimeter? If I was fault finding I would be looking around the power socket for fuses(they are likely to be PCB fuses that look like resistors, they should be marked F1 etc)

Carl