carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Hi my Korg M3 has stopped working.The screen immediately lights

Customer Question

Hi my Korg M3 has stopped working.The screen immediately lights up, but shows a blank white screen, also, none of the buttons light up. This happens every time I switch it on, there's no sound, the whole thing looks dead, except for the screen and the joystick, so I know there's power there
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

I think your fault might be caused by a firmware issue have you tried to update the firmware?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no, I haven't. How could I do that if nothing's working?

Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.
Normally most electronic devices have a way of upgrading firmware even when firmware has failed to load or has become corrupt. I cannot find anything on a firmware restore on the Korg M3.

Could you try this power on [ENTER] and [0] this will hopefully preform a factory reset.

If a reset does not help, I am afraid the keyboard will have to go away for repair as I cannot find a way for you to force a firmware upgrade and it may not be a firmware issue it could be a hardware fault.

Information on the korg service centre for the UK is here.

http://www.korg.co.uk/support/service/service.php