Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  20 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

how d i get the roland ed pc300 to work with reason 5 on a

Customer Question

how d i get the roland ed pc300 to work with reason 5 on a windows 7 pc
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. This is very little information to go on, but I will try to give you an answer based on my experience with this. There is one part of the Reason documentation that is incorrect regarding this, and it's what caused me problems.

Assuming you have the physical MIDI connections through a MIDI interface on the PC, the step of mapping the midi port is a bit different from the isntructions. The manual tells you to map the soudncard, but you actually have to specifiy the keyboard instead of the soundcard MIDI port in the reason MIDI settings.

Once you've done that it should work as you expect. Please let me know if you have any questions. If your question is different from what I have answered, please provide whatever specifics you can and I will do my best to help.

Mike
SQ10