Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Hi I have just lost a friend and keyboard player to cancer

Customer Question

I have just lost a friend and keyboard player to cancer and have to sell his kit for the family.
He has a Korg MS2000 and I am plugging it in to an amp via the left mono out, all leads are ok but I am getting nothing on the keyboard. Am I missing something?

Geoff
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. I'm so sorry for your loss, band members are like family. Let's take a look at the keyboard.

Are there headphones plugged in, and can you hear sound from them?
Can you hear drum beats from the keyboard?

This will tell me what is wrong with the connection. The left mono out will carry signal to the amp, you got that part right. When headphones are plugged in, it mutes that output. The drum beats are from a different part of the circuitry than the tone generator, so that is why I'm having you check that.

Please tell me the results, and I can help diagnose further if needed.