jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

I have power but no sound on my Yamaha P120 electronic keyboard.

Customer Question

I have power but no sound on my Yamaha P120 electronic keyboard. Can you help, urgently, please, as I need it for a rehearsal
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. I can help you.

Can you hear drum beats with the keyboard? How about the headphones? These two things will tell me where to start looking for the problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Rusty. I don't have headphones and there is no percussion on the keyboard. It is simply an electronic piano with variations on the timbre of the notes played.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Ok, let's try to work around the no headphones issue. What type of amplication system are you using? (internal speakers, PA, amplifier and speakers, etc...)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rusty: thanks for your reply. There is a mystery here. The sound came back several hours after it failed, so I will sign off now. thank you for your help, and I hope this won't happen again. Gwyneth

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Ok Gwyneth, that's great news! Let me know if it goes out again, and I will help you fix it.