Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have a edirol UA-101 and recently had a power issue with

Customer Question

I have a edirol UA-101 and recently had a power issue with my computer and blew the power pack and graphics card. Having just re-wired everything back in I have blue powerlight on 101 but no red or green connection light. I have tried all the usb ports front and back and another usb lead. I also plugged it into another computer and still nothing. I guess I may have blown something in the 101, can Roland repair it and is it going to cost hundreds to fix.? Any help and advice would be great. Thanks Andy
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. When you shout into the mic, are you seeing any levels at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rusty, Hi, yes i have input levels showing from a mic, but no connection light red or green. so my computer is not recognising the 101. I've tried a back up usb lead and even a back up computer and still no usb connection light. Is there anything else I can try and what will it cost to fix.??

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
That's a hard one to troubleshoot. Since your lights are on, your power supply is still good. That means there is most likely a problem with your USB card in Edirol. Since you tried it on another computer, I'm assuming you installed the driver properly and it doesn't work, it's safe to assume that there is an IC in your USB board that has been fried by unusual USB voltage.

It's going to have to be sent to Roland to have it replaced. I am not sure what they are charging for that piece, as this is the first one that I've seen go out. They will be able to give you a quote so you know what you're getting into. Click here to get started.

Since it was your computer that caused the problem, it is unlikely that it is covered by any type of warranty. Let me know if you have any trouble with them, as we may be able to locate a parts unit.