Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

My Boss Micro BR-80 recorder displays the "Loading" indication

Customer Question

My Boss Micro BR-80 recorder displays the "Loading" indication continuously. Is it fixable? Battery changes have not helped.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. I'm sorry to hear about your recorder. That is an indicator that your firmware, the recorder's software, has an error and it cannot load. It's waiting for information that is missing, which is why it displays the loading message.

That type of error can only be fixed in the factory. There is one small chance that you can upgrade it at home. Click here, and follow all of the instructions exactly to start the update. This will load a fresh operating system, and hopefully clear it up.

If the firmware update doesn't do the trick, you will need to contact Boss to have it repaired. They will check on warranty info for you at that time. Call 01792 702701. Although it is discontinued, they may still be able to save it for you.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Rusty,

Many thanks for the response but I'm not sure where to click to start the process - doesn't seem to be any place to do so.

Expert:  Rusty replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry, I forgot to include the link (embarrassing...). Click here.