Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Hello.We have a Viscount Professional Classico GSV-1000 which

Customer Question

Hello.We have a Viscount Professional Classico GSV-1000 which has stopped working completely. The red light comes on when we turn on the power at the socket but nothing happens when you press any of the keys.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Sorry for the delay, the information on that instrument is hard to find. Normally when the sound quits working, it's a loose connector. Do you still hear a hiss when you turn up the volume? Unplug it, and remove the cover, and inspect it for any obvious loose connections or burned up components.

If you hear a hiss when you turn it up, it means that your mixer and amplifier circuits are working properly. Does that model have a demo song? Does it play? If so, that demo song comes from the pitch bender. The only circuits left are the motherboard and the tone generator. I suspect your tone generator has come disconnected from the mixer.

If everything looks tight, you will need to check for DC voltage on the output of the tone generator, while holding a key. It should read about .3vdc.

Let me know what you find.