Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

basically how does cakewalk work? is it a similar sequencer

Customer Question

basically how does cakewalk work? is it a similar sequencer to the fantom in that you can work on a looped pattern away from the song with the microscroll to hand. Can u think of a pattern and lineaer sequencer that does this better? I need a lot more midi channels than I have with the fantom7 but haven't gone for a software sequencer since notator. any thoughts would be useful, just to stress, I do like the pattern option.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Rusty. Sorry for the delay, it is morning here. Cakewalk is a multitrack editor, that allows you to copy, paste, add effects, and everything you need to make a professional music album.

Looping is no problem with Cakewalk. If you are looking to do beats, look into Fruity Loops Studio. Fruity Loops was designed to create loops, and Cakewalk is where you arrange them.

You will find that Cakewalk has all the flexibility you need, and you can see the sound better than any hardware sequencer. Let me know if you have any questions.